ALT Day
Every now and then all eight Kiryu ALTs gather at one junior high school to do a big English conversation workshop. It's fun for the ALTs to visit a different school and meet new students, and it's wonderful practice for the kids--they don't get many opportunities to have an unscripted interaction in English, so these ALT days really help them to realize how much English they know and gives a lot of positive reinforcement and motivation to improve. This past Thursday was ALT day at Hirosawa (one of my schools) and since I haven't posted many pictures of these students I've decided to introduce you to some of the third (ninth) graders.
"cool" girls (we know they're cool because they roll their skirts and let the bottoms of their cardigan hang out from their uniform jacket)
"cool" boys (we know they're cool because they wear their formal dress uniform everyday and often unbutton their top button)
"bad" kids (we know they're bad... well, because we've seen them do whatever it takes to be "bad" in a small-town Japanese junior high)
...and some others...
the kid on the far left sings Eminem and the one in the hockey jersey sings, dances and acts out scenes from a different movie everytime I see him

...if I were allowed to have favorites...


"cool" girls (we know they're cool because they roll their skirts and let the bottoms of their cardigan hang out from their uniform jacket)
"cool" boys (we know they're cool because they wear their formal dress uniform everyday and often unbutton their top button)
"bad" kids (we know they're bad... well, because we've seen them do whatever it takes to be "bad" in a small-town Japanese junior high)...and some others...
the kid on the far left sings Eminem and the one in the hockey jersey sings, dances and acts out scenes from a different movie everytime I see him
...if I were allowed to have favorites...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home