Kris in Japan

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tokyo Pictures

my ticket to Tokyo
at the 57th JASC Forum at the America Center in Tokyomore pictures of Shinjuku at night
the snack aisle in any conbini (convenience store)
a friend of mine told me that his Japanese Jr. High School students thought that McDonald's was a Japanese chain...haha, ethnocentrism at its finest
the entry-way to one of the flea-market-style alleyways in Asakusa, Tokyo
another little strip of shops in Asakusa--the shops down each of these walkways range from fine leather goods to kimono, from Hello Kitty charms to rice cracker shops, right back to Japan's version of a $1 store
all of the people who look at me like I'm crazy everytime I talk about Monchichi Monkeys had me half convinced I'd made them up, but this is proof that they exist!this particular shop had several windows like this, FULL of sembe (rice crackers)...yum a bit of scenery from the trainride home to Kiryu
man...this picture exhibits the two things that Japan has in mass quantity--rice paddies and pachinko parlors
my train car
Shin-Kiryu Station, where my Tokyo trip begins and endson the bikeride home I had to stop and take pictures along the way...this is the Watarase River that runs through Kiryu
the road to Kiryu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home